The American Action Forum and Progressive Policy Institute announce their latest housing event, “From Recovery to Reform: Building a Sustainable Housing Finance System,” which will be held on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at the National Press Club. The event, which will be live streamed, will feature remarks by former Governor Tim Pawlenty and Federal Housing Administration Commissioner Carol Galante, discussions with Zillow Chief Economist Stan Humphries and Joseph Tracy, Executive Vice President and Senior Advisor to the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Top economists and housing market experts, including former Governor Judd Gregg, Mark Zandi of Moody’s Analytics, and James Millstein, will build on our discussion last year on the keys to a housing recovery and focus on the reforms needed to the GSEs and Federal Housing Administration to build a sustainable housing finance system.
- Carol Galante, Commissioner and Assistant Secretary for Housing, Federal Housing Administration
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum
- Tim Pawlenty, former Governor of MN, President & CEO of the Financial Services Roundtable
- Stan Humphries, Chief Economist, Zillow
- Joseph Tracy, Executive Vice President & Senior Advisor to the President, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Clea Benson, Bloomberg News
- Judd Gregg, former Governor & Senator of New Hampshire, CEO of SIFMA
- Mark Zandi, Chief Economist, Moody’s Analytics
- James Millstein, Chairman and CEO, Millstein & Co.
- Chris Mayer, Paul Milstein Professor of Real Estate and Finance and Economics, Columbia University
- Megan Booth, Senior Policy Representative, National Association of Realtors
- Jason Gold, Senior Fellow for Financial Markets, Progressive Policy Institute
- Anthony Sanders, Professor of Finance, George Mason University
- Mark Calabria, Director of Financial Regulation Studies, Cato Institute
- Ben White, POLITICO
- When: Tuesday, October 1 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Where: National Press Club